Living in Memphis, every BBQ place is unique and everyone has their favorites. I've grown up going to so many of them and am no exception. Any time I cook anything BBQ related, it takes my mind to the sweet city of Memphis. Every slaw recipe is so different, no matter where you go. Mine has an even bigger twist to it, but it's so very "sweet," just like the great city of Memphis.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple - julienned
- 2 cups arugula - chopped thin
- 1 small carrot - peeled and grated
- 2 green onions - sliced thin
- 1/4 cup OJ
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp mint - chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt • 1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss together the apple, arugula, carrot, and onion.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the OJ, bourbon, honey, mint, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the apple mixture and toss together.
4. Taste for seasoning. Add more salt if needed.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!