This Very Merry Salad isn't just for Christmas... Have it at Thanksgiving, and I promise after, you'll want to have it at least once a week for lunch or dinner! I came up with this recipe because I was inspired to use pomegranates because they're totally in season right now. I've been using the red jewels a lot lately - they're so bright and create a lovely finish and delicious fruity crunch to any dish. The beautiful green color of the kale make this salad beautiful and perfect for the holidays!
Grocery list (serves 6 to 8):
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Dijion mustard
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 bunches kale - rinsed, dried, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts - toasted
- 1 pomegranate - seeded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Add the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, cinnamon, Dijon, and salt to a mason jar. Close the lid and shake well to combine.
2. Put the chopped kale in a large salad bowl, pour the dressing over, and toss until all greens are covered in dressing.
3. Sprinkle the walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and dried cranberries over the top. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one day.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!