WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THAT?! Where I use unique but commonly found ingredients and teach you how to cook with them! This week's ingredient is honeycomb!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 stick butter - room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 apples - sliced (about 20 slices)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts - chopped
- Honeycomb - cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350. Slice French bread into 1/2 inch slices. You should have about 20 crostinis.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, honey, cinnamon and salt. Spread a thick amount on each slice. Place an apple on the top of each. Place all slices on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn oven to broil and let go 3 to 4 more minutes.
3. To serve, place crostinis on a platter and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Drizzle with more honey and top with little pieces of honeycomb.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!