When I was in high school, I had a serious addiction to boneless hot wings... I ordered them everywhere I went! Today, I have a serious addiction to hummus. When I'm trying to eat healthy, I like to keep it around as a snack. I thought why not put the two together and create the best of both worlds?! This stuff is seriously good!
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can garbanzo beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans - drained and rinsed, 1/3 cup liquid reserved
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 4 garlic cloves - roughly chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Frank's buffalo wing sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 cup Blue, Gorgonzola, or Feta cheese
1. Make the Tahini paste. In a small pan over medium low heat, toast the sesame seeds until light brown. Put seeds in a food processor and add olive oil, blending until it comes together into a runny paste. It will make about 1/4 cup of paste.
2. To the food processor, add the paste, beans, bean liquid, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, salt, and hot sauce. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. If it's not smooth enough, add more liquid from the beans and lemon juice until it's to your desired consistency.
3. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Pour in a bowl and top with the cheese and a drizzle of the hot sauce. Serve with celery, carrots, cucumbers, or pita bread.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!