I was on Local Memphis Live today using The Mighty Olive olive oil for 3 recipes with 6 ingredients or less! Coming back from Italy, I've had olive oil and simple recipes with few ingredients on my mind. If you have great olive oil and good ingredients, recipes can be so easy because they don't require a whole lot of anything... Just good food! This salad is healthy, delicious, and takes little time!
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts - thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp plus 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 4 oz fresh Parmesan cheese - whole
- 2 lemons - juiced
1. Preheat oven to 425. On a sheet pan, toss sliced brussel sprouts with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Roast brussels for 10-15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
2. As soon as you take the brussels out of the oven, lay the spinach over the top of the warm brussels and toss with clean hands. The heat from the brussels will slightly wilt the spinach.
3. Using a knife or fork, make small chunks out of the Parmesan cheese. Add to the salad.
4. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper. Whisk in 1/3 cup of the olive oil. Pour over the salad and mix everything together with clean hands. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Serve with Parmesan shavings over the top.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!