Every southerner loves a deviled egg, and every southern gal especially loves her Momma's deviled eggs! I always think back to anytime we had a get together at Momma's house... She always made her famous deviled eggs. There are so many ways to make deviled eggs, like Slawsa Deviled Eggs and my Truffled Deviled Eggs with Candied Bacon, but Momma's deviled eggs bring back the best memories.
- 12 large eggs - hard boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Paprika or chives for garnish
1. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and dump the hard yolks into a medium bowl. Mash the yolks up with a fork until very smooth.
2. Add the mayo, sweet pickle relish, mustard, vinegar, and sugar to the mashed yolks and mix together until completely combined and smooth. Taste and add more of any of the ingredients that you like (momma says there's no exact measurements, taste as you go, and whatever you like more of, you can add).
3. Spoon mixture evenly back into the 24 egg halves. Garnish with paprika, chives, or both.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!