We are just weeks from Super Bowl Sunday! Lucky for you, I have recipes galore to share for your big party! These baby back ribs are a mix of chocolate (cocoa) and PepsiCola... The combo is out of this world!
Grocery List (4 people):
• 2 racks baby back ribs
• 4 tbsp good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 tbsp brown sugar
• 2 tbsp salt
• 2 tsp liquid smoke
• 2 tsp all spice
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1 1/2 cup PepsiCola
• 4 medium onions - roughly chopped into large pieces
• 1 cup good quality barbecue sauce
1. Rinse the ribs and pat dry with paper towels. Mix the cocoa, brown sugar, salt, liquid smoke, all spice, paprika, and pepper together in a bowl. Rub the mixture onto the ribs and press to adhere. Cover ribs and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
2. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Prep two baking pans by pouring 3/4 cup of coke into each pan. Add the chopped onions over the coke. Place the ribs on top of the onions. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender and almost falling off the bone (I like my ribs to still have substance to them.. Not quite falling off the bone).
3. Using tongs, move ribs to a baking sheet lined with foil. Strain the onions from the coke. Reserve 1/4 cup of the coke and mix with barbecue sauce. Brush a thick layer of the sauce onto ribs.
4. Put ribs back in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with the extra cola-barbecue sauce on the side!
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!