Grocery list (4-6 servings):
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
1. Put the cherries and sugar in a food processor and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Blend together and pour into a strainer over a bowl. Using a spoon, press down on the cherry blend to get as much liquid into the bowl as possible. You should have close to one cup of liquid.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth then slowly pour in the milk, cherry juice, and almond extract. Whisk together and serve in mugs when warm. Garnish with whipped cream, almonds, and a cherry if desired.
CHEERS TO HAPPY DRINKING!!