I made these lovelies for Live at the Garden's Heart concert, and they were a huge hit! If you live in Memphis and have never been to one of these concerts, buy tickets for the next one now. They are an absolute blast. You can read more about what Live in the Garden is all about in my last blog post.
And when you go, I highly recommend making and bringing this cocktail. I decided to take the traditional Purple Cow Float and kick it up a notch - chic, adult style. Blackberries, blueberries, lavender simple syrup, and vanilla vodka are blended together, put in a to-go bottle, and packed up with ice cream and sparkling water, so it's perfect for any outdoor gathering or picnic. I used Yarnell's Ice Cream because it is absolutely delicious and makes all the difference with the perfect amount of sweet and creamy - exactly what you want from ice cream. Even better, it's now available in most Memphis Krogers and Walmarts so you can pick some up on your next trip to the grocery store. This is the perfect summer treat!
Grocery list (4 to 6 drinks):
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 sprigs lavender, plus more for garnish
- 12 oz blackberries
- 12 oz frozen blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- Yarnell's homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Sparkling water
1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil with the sugar and lavender. Set aside and let cool and steep for at least 10 minutes. Take out the lavender.
2. In a Vitamix or blender, blend together the simple syrup, blackberries, blueberries, and vodka. Transfer to a pitcher or bottle.
3. When ready to serve, pour about 1/4 cup of the purple cow mix into each glass. Add one or two scoops of ice cream and top with the sparkling water. Garnish with lavender stems.