There's nothing like being a kid in the summer. I think back to playing outside for hours, riding my bike until dark, and pool parties galore. One year long ago, I was out of school for the summer and went to a pool party where I had the best meaty, spicy, creamy cheese dip of my life! I loved it so much, my mom got the recipe from the host. About 20 years later, that recipe is still in our family and has been a staple for parties and summer get togethers ever since. I've turned up the volume a bit on the recipe, making it a little more zesty and fun! This is the perfect Memorial Day weekend or go-to summer party recipe!
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1 10 oz can Rotel
- 1 15 oz can chili no beans
- 1 15 oz can ranch style beans
- 1 large package Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook the chorizo over medium heat until done, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain the fat from the pot.
- Pour in the Rotel, chili, ranch style beans, and stir together. Cube the Velveeta and add to the pot. Stir everything together until melted.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine. Let the dip heat completely and serve with tortilla chips.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!