Sometimes easy is best, and healthy never hurts either. During the week, I like to eat healthy, and I particularly do so to save up so I can completely slay my diet on the weekends (haha)! Because I try to eat healthy often, I'm always coming up with new fish dishes. For this one, I use The Mighty Olive olive oil to give this flaky fish a zip of flavor and the salad makes this dish so fresh. Close your eyes and your in the Mediterranean! This is the third recipe I cooked on Local Memphis Live yesterday, so if you watched you know it is delicious!
- 4 (6 oz) cod filets
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon - zested and juiced
- 10 oz Grape Tomatoes - halved
- 5 oz kalamata olives - halved
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake (to taste)
- 1 tsp parsley - chopped
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 400. Put cod filets on a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until fish becomes flaky with a fork.
2. In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, olives, red pepper flake, parsley, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Stir to combine. Let sit until fish is ready.
3. Taste the salad and add more salt if needed. Serve fish on top of the salad and drizzle liberally with olive oil.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!