If you live in the Memphis area and have never been to Jones Orchard or bought some of their fruits at the farmer's market, I highly recommend doing so! They have the most delicious fruits and are known for their seasonal "pick your own" where you can visit the orchard and pick your very own fruits! You pick, pay, and hopefully make it home with some left (I usually eat it right out of the bag on my way home!) Today, I was featured on Local Memphis Live again where I highlighted this wonderful gem in Millington cooking up delicious recipes using their fruits! I hope you watched, but if you missed it, I still want you to try this recipe... the perfect summer dessert!
Grocery List (4 people):
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon - zested
1. In a medium bowl, add the blueberries, 1/2 tbsp sugar, white balsamic reduction, and a dash of Kosher salt. Stir to combine and sit aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. In another large bowl, add the cream, lemon zest, and remaining 1/2 tbsp of sugar. Using a hand whisk or electric mixer, whip together until a whipped cream is formed.
3. Spoon the blueberry mixture into glass bowls or martini glasses and top with whipped cream.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!