I love having friends over for dinner parties and doing three to four courses paired with wine. It's fun, it's classy, and everyone loves it because they get to try a little bite and little sip of several different things! A good salad is something I love starting with and this recipe reminds me of just that. Tres and I had one of my former work friends over a couple of weeks ago for a dinner party and we had a total blast - particularly because this salad I created for the party was so delicious! She has to travel to Memphis occasionally for work now, so I'm hoping many more of these fun dinner parties happen and I can create more and more salads this wonderful! If you live in Memphis, I highly recommend peaches from Jones Orchard! They're known for their peaches and for good reason!
- 4 cups arugula- roughly chopped
- 2 cups mint - roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp + extra - white balsamic syrup
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 peaches - sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts - toasted
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz Burrata cheese (or fresh mozzarella)
1. In a medium bowl mix the arugula and mint together. In a small bowl, add the white balsamic, lemon juice, a dash of Kosher salt and pepper, and whisk in the olive oil until thick. Pour the dressing on the arugula and mint salad and toss together.
2. Evenly distribute the salad mixture onto four small plates. Top with the sliced peaches and sprinkle a little salt on all the peaches.
3. In a small bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, honey, and cinnamon together very well. All the walnuts should have a little honey and cinnamon on them.
4. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp of walnuts on each salad. Top each salad with about 2 oz of sliced burrata. Salt and pepper the burrata and drizzle a little white balsamic syrup over each salad.
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!