When I was a kid, Halloween was everything on earth to us. My family always made it so special and it was more than just trick-or-treating. Make these mini pies with your kids to get them in the spirit!
- Leftover or frozen pie dough
- Flour - for dusting
- 1 (12 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (15 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg - beaten
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tap cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Using a large biscuit cutter, cut out 12 circles of pie dough on a floured surface. Roll out each circle with a rolling pin so they fit into a muffin pan. Use your fingers to press the circles of dough into the muffin tin the way you would a pie crust. Using the scraps, make enough eyes, noses, and mouths for each jack-o-lantern. Set aside.
2. Make the pie filling. Combine the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a medium bowl until smooth.
3. Pour filling into each prepared crust and carefully and decoratively add the eyes, noses, and mouths to make jack-o-lanterns. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center comes out clean when poked with a toothpick.