Pork on pork is never a bad thing, particularly when it's semi healthy. We love our pork in Memphis. This time of year, with Memphis in May BBQ Festival coming up, I often start testing new recipes with pork as the star of my dishes. Because it's always the beginning of swimsuit season, that can be tricky so I try to throw some healthy pork into our diet every now and then. Tres loves pork loin and I love prosciutto so I decided to put the two pig meats together!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin (1 large or 2 small)
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary - minced
- 1 tsp thyme - minced
- 8 slices of Proscuitto
- 2 tbsp fig jam
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Squeeze of lemon
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse pork loins and pat dry with paper towels. If there's excess fat on the loins, trim it off and discard.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the loins on top. Sprinkle the loins on all sides with salt and pepper then rosemary and thyme, pressing to adhere.
3. Working with one piece of prosciutto at a time, wrap the pork loins with each slice, starting at the end and working your way to the other end. I lay each slice over the top and tuck the ends under the loin.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the fig jam, balsamic, Dijion, and lemon. Spoon over the top of the loin. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes for 1 pound loins and 20 to 25 minutes for a 2 pound loin or until meat thermometer reads 145. Take out, cover in foil, and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
CHERRS TO HAPPY EATING!!